all right

Occasionally adding corroborative details to add verisimilitude to otherwise bald and unconvincing,
but veridicous accounts
with careful attention, indefatigable assiduity, and nice discrimination.

11 May, 2011

Perhaps He Shouted, “Allah, Who’s in There?”

OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WARNING:  a coarse term for excretion is below.
 
His Need Was Great*

The Yemeni arrested
and wrestled to the floor
had thought he had requested
an open toilet door:

“It was a simple error,

I thought I’d be too late,
I meant to cause no terror
by shouting ‘God is Great!’

“Though I teach mathematics

and am a clever swot,
the airline’s weird schematics
had baffled me a lot.

“Arthritic joints were swelling,

you must commiserate;
confusion set me yelling
so loudly, “God is great!’

“The pressure set me rushing

though I was told to sit;
now I’m the one who’s flushing—
I didn’t need to shit.

“Let all this be a lesson:

we should not be irate;
a man might need compassion
when shouting “God is great!’”


*  Daniel Bates, of The Daily Mail, reports, “The Yemeni man who was wrestled to the floor after pounding on the cockpit door of a plane approaching San Francisco may have mistaken it for the bathroom. Rageit Almurisi cannot speak English very well and could have misunderstood the signs inside the jet, his cousin claimed.”  See also Jihad Watch.

No comments: